Your Adventure IO experience begins the moment you embrace adventure. That’s only possible when you trust this community and feel safe. As a result, safety is our first priority—we require that you refrain from endangering or threatening anyone.
- Harming yourself or others You should not commit physical or sexual assault, sexual abuse, sexual harassment, domestic violence, robbery, human trafficking, other acts of violence, or hold anyone against their will. Members of dangerous organizations, including terrorist, organized criminal, and violent racist groups, are not welcome in this community. We take suicide, self-injury, eating disorders, and hard drug abuse extremely seriously and work to help people in crisis.
- Threatening anyone You should not convey an intent to harm anyone by your words or physical actions. We also take threats of self-harm as seriously as we do actions and so this means that we will intervene if we become aware of a threat.
- Creating hazardous situations You should not keep unsecured weapons, disease risks, or dangerous animals in your listing, nor should you create conditions that increase the likelihood of a fire or impede escape in the event of emergency.
If you’re experiencing a Guide’s Adventure as a Participant, you should trust that you will feel secure. We ask you to respect others’ property, information, and personal belongings.
- Theft, vandalism, or extortion You should not take property that isn’t yours, use someone’s property without their permission, damage others’ property, remain after an Adventure is concluded, or threaten anyone with bad ratings or any other penalty or harm to obtain compensation or other benefits.
- Spam, phishing, or fraud You should not make transactions outside of Adventure IO’s payments system; commit booking fraud, credit card fraud, or launder money; attempt to drive traffic to other sites or market unrelated products; divert payments meant for others; abuse our referrals system; or make false claims against other members of the community.
- Violating others’ privacy or intellectual property rights You should not spy on other people; cameras are not allowed in your Adventure unless they are previously disclosed and visible, and they are never permitted in private spaces (such as bathrooms). You should not access others’ accounts without authorization or violate others’ privacy, copyrights, or trademarks.
The global Adventure IO community is as diverse, unique, and vibrant as the world around us. Fairness is what holds us together, what makes it possible for us to trust one another, integrate seamlessly within communities, and feel as if can we can truly belong.
- Discriminatory behavior or hate speech You should treat everyone with respect in every interaction. So, you should follow all applicable laws and not treat others differently because of their race, ethnicity, national origin, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, sex, gender, gender identity, disability, or serious diseases. Similarly, insulting others on these bases is not allowed.
- Bullying or harassing others You should not share personal information to shame or blackmail others, target others with unwanted behavior, defame others, or violate our review and content standards.
- Disturbing the surrounding community You should not disturb common spaces, create a pervasive nuisance for those around you, or persistently fail to respond to local or community concerns.
Your Adventure IO experiences should be full of delightful moments and surprising adventures. Since our community is built on trust, authenticity is essential—it requires a balance of shared expectations, honest interactions, and accurate details.
- Misrepresenting yourself You should not provide a false name or date of birth, maintain duplicate accounts, or create an account if you’re under 18.
- Misrepresenting your listing You should not provide inaccurate location information, have incorrect availability, mislead people about the type, nature, or details of your listing, substitute one listing for another, set up fake or fraudulent listings, leave fraudulent reviews, engage in deceptive pricing, or fail to disclose hazards.
Every Adventure is unique and each detail specific to a Guide. Since our community makes commitments based on these details, we have to be able to trust each other’s reliability—whether it be in timely communication, the condition of the listing, or in the expectations we set.
- Breaking commitments Absent extenuating circumstances, you should not cancel after the deadline set in the relevant cancellation policy. You should also not fail to make check-in possible, fail to pay, or break the Guide’s rules.
- Being unresponsive You should not have persistently and pervasively low ratings, be unresponsive during booking or throughout an Adventure, fail to provide an adequate point of contact, or refuse to participate in our resolution process.